Big Island Yoga Retreat 2023 – Advanced Anatomy & Movement Therapies
Options: Minimum $250 Deposit to secure your spot — 25 spots maximum — or pay in full. See further details below.
EARLY BIRD PRICING available until November 1, 2022.
- Instructor: Dr. Nikita Vizniak, Taunya MacDonald and other amazing teachers
- Who: Bring just yourself, your partner or a group
- What: 0301 Movement Therapy & Yoga Anatomy – Big Island Yoga Retreat
- When: TWO dates available: February 5-8 and February 8-11, 2023
- Where: KMEC Retreat Centre, Big Island, Hawaii
- Pricing Options*:
SHARED ROOM – $1050 per person CAD (2-4 single beds within a shared room includes meals)
PRIVATE ROOM – $1350 per person CAD (single bed in a private room includes meals)
COUPLES ROOM – $1050 per person CAD (double or queen bed in a private room includes meals)
*GST is not included. Prices are listed per person.
- 14 PE/A2 Credits for RMTs thru the CMTBC
Develop self-care for yourself and your patients, while deepening your knowledge and your practice! We can’t wait to get away with you to the beautiful Big Island of Hawaii. Join us for this all-inclusive, educational and inspiring retreat in beautiful, lush, east-side of the island!
This three-night retreat is for registered massage therapists, physiotherapists, nurses, chiropractors, yoga teachers, acupuncturists and anyone else with a keen interest in movement therapies and anatomy. With days filled with yoga, continuing education lectures and delicious meals, your time with us in Hawaii will inspire, rejuvenate and restore your body, mind and spirit!
The retreat program focuses on anatomy, kinesiology and bio-mechanical components. Our evidence-based approach combines these topics with tissue-specific identification and injury-based pose modifications. We will review muscles, joints and fascia, reinforcing how compensation in one region causes imbalance in other regions. We will identify prime movers, synergists and antagonists though movement therapies. You will learn to incorporate reciprocal inhibition and relaxation techniques to create greater healing potential in your patients or students.
The primary focus is to identify common musculoskeletal imbalances and ways to correct them. We teach you to apply these to functional movements , poses and in clinical practice. By integrating professional handouts and resources that you can use with clients and students, hands-on learning, and lots of laughter, this course will be a wonderful balance between education, fun and relaxation.
As we step out of the mind and into the body, we will spend lots of time on our yoga mats linking knowledge and movement into an uplifting, transformative 3-night getaway.
- ProHealth Movement Therapy & Yoga Anatomy course (accredited for 14 PE/A2 credits for RMTs thru the CMTBC)
- All of your meals. Enjoy delicious vegetarian and vegan meals full of tropical treats, many of which are grown right on the property!
- 3 nights of shared or private “glamping”-style accommodations at the KMEC Retreat Centre
- Afternoons of free time to take an adventure. Go for a swim in the ocean, hike in the Kilauea Volcano Park, visit the cute town of Hilo with its sandy beaches and great markets, or one of the many other adventures in the area.
- 2 all-level yoga classes a day
- Program manual and patient handouts
7:30-8:45am: Morning Yoga Practice
9:15-12:30pm: Morning Session
1:00-5:00pm: Free Time
5:00-6:15pm: Afternoon Yoga Session
7:30-9:30pm: Evening Session
- DEPOSITS — Secure your spot with a $250.00 deposit. Full payment is due by December 31, 2022.
- PANDEMIC RESTRICTIONS — If restrictions caused by the pandemic make it impossible for the retreat to go ahead, a full refund will be offered to participants or course credit given for future ProHealth courses.
- CHECK IN — Check in to KMEC Retreat Centre will be begin at:
– 3pm on Sunday, February 5th for the Feb 5th-8th group
– 3pm on Wednesday, Feb 8th for February 9th-11th group
- CHECK OUT — Check out from KMEC Retreat Centre is by 11am on the final retreat day.
- LOCATION — The retreat centre is 55-minutes from the Hilo airport and an amazing 2.5-3 hour drive across the island from Kona airport. We recommend participants plan to rent a car to get to and from the retreat centre, as well as to give you the opportunity to explore on afternoon breaks. However, shuttles are available from the retreat centre for $80 per way from the Hilo airport. We will create a carpooling document through a Google spreadsheet closer to the retreat date for those who would like to ride-share.
- CANCELLATION — ProHealth Cancellation Policy: Please be aware many people apply for our seminars and there are often wait lists, by taking a seat and cancelling you are taking a seat from another potential candidate, as such cancellations are transferable but not refundable – no refund but credit will be given for future CE course. If illness or a medical emergency, a doctor note is required. A credit for the full amount of the course may to applied to another RMTBC sponsored course, but there is NO refund.