Big Island, Hawaii Yoga Retreat 2024
Advanced Anatomy & Movement Therapies
- Instructor: Dr. Nikita Vizniak, Taunya MacDonald and other amazing teachers
- Who: Bring just yourself, your partner or a group
- What: 0301 Movement Therapy & Yoga Anatomy – Big Island Yoga Retreat
- When: February 9-12, 2024
- Where: KMEC Retreat Centre, Big Island, Hawaii
- EARLY BIRD Pricing Options*:
SHARED ROOM –
$1,399.00$1049.97 per person (2-4 single beds within a shared room includes meals)
PRIVATE ROOM –
$1,699.00$1349.97 per person (single bed in a private room includes meals)
COUPLES ROOM –
$1,399.00$1049.97 per person (double or queen bed in a private room includes meals)
*Tax is not included. Prices are listed per person in CAD.
- 14 PE/A2 Credits for RMTs through the CMTBC
Develop self-care for yourself and your patients, while deepening your knowledge and practice! We can’t wait to get away with you to the beautiful Big Island of Hawaii. Join us for this all-inclusive, educational and inspiring retreat on the beautiful, lush, east-side of the island!
This retreat is for registered massage therapists, physiotherapists, nurses, chiropractors, yoga teachers, acupuncturists, and anyone else with a keen interest in movement therapies and anatomy. Days filled with yoga, continuing education lectures and delicious meals, are designed to inspire, rejuvenate and restore your body, mind and spirit!
The retreat program focuses on anatomy, kinesiology and bio-mechanical components. Our evidence-based approach combines these topics with tissue-specific identification and pose modifications to make yoga and movement inclusive and safe for all levels of fitness. We will review muscles, joints and fascia, reinforcing how compensation in one region impacts other regions. We will identify prime movers, synergists and antagonists though movement therapies. You will learn to incorporate reciprocal inhibition and relaxation techniques to create greater healing potential in your patients or students.
We’ll teach you to apply functional movements and yoga poses and in clinical practice, and to integrate professional handouts and resources that you can use with clients and students.
With his wealth of resources and experience, Dr Nik welcomes specific questions during his seminars, so if you have movement related questions about something that impacts you, or someone you’re treating – bring them!
This uplifting, transformative 3-night getaway in a beautiful environment with delicious food, hands-on learning, and lots of laughter, is a wonderful balance between education, fun and relaxation.
- ProHealth Movement Therapy & Yoga Anatomy Seminar (accredited for 14 PE/A2 credits for RMTs thru the CMTBC)
- All of your meals. Enjoy delicious vegetarian and vegan meals full of tropical treats, many of which are grown right on the property!
- 3 nights of shared or private “glamping”-style accommodations at the KMEC Retreat Centre
- Afternoons of free time to take an adventure. Go for a swim in the ocean, hike in the Kilauea Volcano Park, visit the cute town of Hilo with its sandy beaches and great markets, or one of the many other adventures in the area.
- 2 all-level yoga classes a day
- Program manual and patient handouts
What’s not included
- Transportation to/from the island
- Transportation between the airport and the retreat centre (the Big Island is BIG. Car rentals are recommended)
- Most flights arrive on the island late at night; if you’re staying in Kona or Hilo that evening, you’ll need to arrange your own accommodations for that evening
7:30-8:45am: Morning Yoga Practice
9:15-12:30pm: Morning Session
1:00-5:00pm: Free Time to enjoy beautiful Hawaii
5:00-6:15pm: Afternoon Yoga Session
- PANDEMIC RESTRICTIONS — If restrictions caused by the pandemic make it impossible for the retreat to go ahead, a full refund will be offered to participants or seminar credit given for future Prohealthsys seminars.
- CHECK IN — Check in to KMEC Retreat Centre will be begin at:
– 3pm on Friday, Feb 9th
- CHECK OUT — Check out from KMEC Retreat Centre is by 11am on the Monday, Feb 12th.
- LOCATION — The retreat centre is 55-minutes from the Hilo airport and an amazing 2.5-3 hour drive across the island from Kona airport. We recommend participants plan to rent a car to get to and from the retreat centre, as well as to give you the opportunity to explore on afternoon breaks. However, shuttles are available from the retreat centre for $80 per way from the Hilo airport. We will create a carpooling document through a Google spreadsheet closer to the retreat date for those who would like to ride-share.
- CANCELLATION — Prohealthsys Cancellation Policy: Please be aware many people apply for our seminars and there are often wait lists, by taking a seat and cancelling you are taking a seat from another potential candidate, as such cancellations are transferable but not refundable – no refund but credit will be given for future CE seminar. If illness or a medical emergency, a doctor note is required. A credit for the full amount of the seminar may to applied to another RMTBC sponsored seminar, but there is NO refund.