Yoga Teacher Training: Level I Foundations
Options: Minimum $250 Deposit to secure your spot — 25 spots maximum — or pay in full. See further details below.
Attendance to Level I, Level II, and Level III (Retreat) are required for program completion.
Register for each level separately – specific dates and locations will be confirmed.
- Instructor: Dr. Nikita Vizniak, Taunya MacDonald, and other amazing teachers
- Who: Bring just yourself, your partner, or a group
- What: 0400 Yoga Teacher Training: Level I Foundation
Level I: Held over two weekends Friday 7-10 p.m., Saturday 8-4:30, Sunday 8-4:30: October 7, 8, 9 / October 21, 22, 23
6 Wednesday night online lectures: September 7, 14, 21, 28, October 5, 12
Level II: Two Weekends Friday 7-10 p.m., Saturday 8-4:30, Sunday 8-4:30: November 4, 5, 6 / November 18, 19, 20
6 Wednesday night online lectures: Oct 19, 26, November 2, 9, 16, 23
Level III: Three Weekends Friday 7-10 p.m., Saturday 8-4:30, Sunday 8-4:30: December 2, 3, 4 / January 6, 7, 8 / January 20, 21, 22
6 Wednesday night online lectures: November 30, December 7, 14, January 4, 11, 18
- Retreat to follow (TBA)
- Where: Level I and Level II are held in greater Vancouver (TBA) – both levels are held in the same location once determined.
- Pricing Breakdown for all Training Levels*:
LEVEL I FOUNDATIONS – $1250 per person CAD (Level I & II are completed over 4 weekends)
LEVEL II ALIGNMENT – $1550 per person CAD
LEVEL III EXPRESSION – $1500 per person CAD (5-day Retreat held on the Sunshine Coast or Hawaii KMEC Centre (depends on class vote)
*GST is not included. Prices are listed per person.
- 14 CE Credits for RMTs thru the CMTBC (Cycle 13, 2022)
Throughout teacher training we “learn to learn, learn to teach, and teach to learn.” Through personal practice of asanas, pranayama, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation, and more, you will have an opportunity to deepen your own practice as well as learn to teach these aspects to your future students.
Our Yoga Alliance approved, 200-hour program is split into three training levels that we have titled Foundations, Alignment, and Expression.
Foundations and Alignment are covered over 4-weekend courses, while the Expression section is a 5-day retreat to wrap the program.
Graduates agree that the retreat part is “life changing” and is a wonderful time of personal growth and celebration of the end of the program.
Classes are limited to 25 participants, creating a safe and nurturing environment to explore and grow. We believe our small class size and program schedule create a perfect balance between immersing yourself in yoga and its teachings and the opportunity to integrate, go deeper, and explore as you move through the levels. You also get the opportunity to practice what you learn through peer-teaching and practicums to build your confidence and experience leading yoga classes.
Level I: Foundations
In your initial 50-hours of the training, we set the foundations for your teacher training. We begin and end each day with a yoga practice and fill the space in between with interactive workshops on anatomy, alignment, yoga philosophy, and teaching methodology. We will weave in the history of yoga, how its evolved overtime and some of the spiritual lessons that have been passed down through years of yoga lineage.
Level II: Alignment
Learn how to be a dynamic, inspiring yoga practitioner! Through guest speakers and the experience of the facilitators, you will deepen your knowledge of anatomy, learn how to modify poses for health concerns and special populations, manage your class effectively and embrace and develop your own educational style. We also focus on the business aspect of the yoga and wellness industry including creating niche business opportunities and how to market yourself in the community.
From the foundations of the Level 1 class, you will dive deeper into developing your unique style as a yoga practitioner. You will learn to lead more challenging yoga poses while building into deeper alignment principles. You will learn about Ayurveda (“the science of life”) as well as semantics and key principles of being a dynamic yoga facilitator and wellness practitioner.
Level III: Expression
In your final level, we will move from your foundation and alignment into full expression of all your potential as a yoga teacher. In this retreat-style immersion, you will explore the many styles of yoga (yin, restorative, prenatal, power) and how/when to weave them into your classes. You will learn about adjusting your students as well as how to teach students with injuries or special concerns.
Celebrate your journey through your teacher training and immerse in the yoga program in this final level. We will take a 5-day retreat to embrace the yoga lifestyle and dive deep for the final portion of your yoga teacher training. While details are to be finalized in the fall, the all-inclusive retreat (hosted on the Sunshine Coast or Hawaii based on vote) costs are additional to the course fee and are usually between $350-$500 for accommodation and food.
Training Program Details
- DEPOSITS — Secure your spot with a $250.00 deposit. Full payment is due for all Yoga Teaching Levels by August 31, 2022.
- PANDEMIC RESTRICTIONS — If restrictions caused by the pandemic make it impossible for the retreat to go ahead, a full refund will be offered to participants or course credit given for future ProHealth courses.
- CANCELLATION — ProHealth Cancellation Policy: Please be aware many people apply for our seminars and there are often wait lists, by taking a seat and cancelling you are taking a seat from another potential candidate, as such cancellations are transferable but not refundable – no refund but credit will be given for future CE course. If illness or a medical emergency, a doctor note is required. A credit for the full amount of the course may to applied to another RMTBC sponsored course, but there is NO refund.