Online Course Description
Practicing massage therapists will gain the opportunity to review, evaluate, and revise their current note-taking and documentation practices in the Documentation Refresher for Registered Massage Therapists online course. Dr. Nikita Vizniak and Amanda Bach discuss ideal and non-ideal habits that can develop over a career. RMT’s will review standard SOAP note protocol, privacy standards, best billing practices for the industry, and more. Learn how to optimize your documentation skills and leave with a fresh and focused outlook on proper documentation skills and the importance of good notes.
This course is approved for the following credits:
- CMMOTA – 5 CECs
- MTANS – 2 CEUs
- MTWPAM – 4 credits
- MTAS – 4 primary credits
- CRMTA – 4 secondary credits
- NHPC – 5 professional development credits
- MTAM – 4 Core Competency credits
- MTAA- 5 Primary Credits
During this course we will review:
- Standard SOAP note protocols, privacy standards, and best billing practices
- Direct billing professionalism and documentation
- Canada/Alberta privacy standards
- Protocols of common assessment techniques
- How to handle fraudulent situations
This course includes quiz questions upon completion.
Born and raised in Calgary, Amanda Bach has been a full-time RMT since graduating from Mount Royal’s Massage Therapy program in 2005. Since then, she has dedicated herself to the highest standards of client care. Valuing continued education, she has a wide variety of modalities and has taught at 2 Calgary Massage Therapy schools over the past 6 years. Amanda is passionate about empowering individuals on their journey to wellness.
Duration: approximately 4 hours