Evidence Informed Yoga Book is the most up-to-date, functional book on yoga, anatomy, and motion medicine available, written by doctors, therapists, and yoga instructors. The Yoga Book is an invaluable instrument for all stages of your journey, allowing you to develop excellence on a personal level and as an instructor.
This book has been sculpted around the main principles of yoga and sized for optimal portability, so it can always be with you during practice. We build up each yoga pose and practice to follow the core principles — foundation, alignment, and expression.
- Foundation – connecting with strength, awareness and intelligence to the ground and knowledge
- Alignment – stacking the joints, using loops, spirals and curves of the body to help find a point of balance (physical, mental, and emotional)
- Expression – “bring in the poetry” in each pose through the micro-adjustments you can make to find greater comfort, connection and joy within the shape and transitions into and out of each position
Chapters have learning objectives and are marked with soft tabs. Each chapter ends with a ‘celebration of learning’ self quiz to test your knowledge. The symbol signifies a section containing humour; laughter is optional but recommended!
Dive Deep into the Foundations of Yoga
In the Yoga Book, we start with the foundations of yoga—from its historical and philosophical roots to anatomical foundations and applications of yoga and movement in general—to the alignment section that offers you a closer look at individual poses. The expression portion comes from the integration into sequencing at the back of the book, as well as on-going encouragement for you to reflect on the information, question it, and dive deeper.
As much as we can give you the information within this book, yoga and movement needs to be felt in the body. That is why we designed your Yoga Book to lie open flat, so that you can hop up and move your body into the shapes and poses offered. There is plenty of room to take your own notes to refine the suggestions offered throughout the book and make this information resonate for you.
For Yoga Instructors
Experience and knowledge are everything — as you are teaching in your body first. Try the poses and guidance in this book — make it your own — and then go out and share it with the world!
- Over 2750 illustrations
- Written by doctors, therapist and yoga instructors
- Evidence based anatomy and self quizzes
- Acro and partner poses
- Coil binding to lay flat when learning or teaching
- Simple 2 page format – smaller portable size
- Sanskrit and English names in rapid find index
- The best yoga book you can get!
Print Version ISBN: 978-1-989392-01-0
Weight: 1.45 lbs